Carvin Custom HH
- HH pickup layout
- 2 humbuckers
- 1 volume pot
- 1 tone pot
- 1 Schaller Megaswitch E (regular 5-way)
- Provides full humbuckers and split combinations
- Simple treble bleed mod (just a cap)
This design was guest from some pictures and descriptions of a Charvel Custom.
Pickups are Carvin and follow a different color schema than Seymour Duncan's ones. Additionally, while in SD usually the lead wire is always attached to the slug coil (inner coil), in Carvin it's related to the "top" coil.
This is a tricky design that gave me some headache to figure it out. Tricky but interesting, indeed.
Following combos occur:
1. Neck humbucker
2. Neck split to outer coil (screw)
3. Bridge split to inner coil (slug) in series with Neck split to outer coil (screw)
4. Bridge split to outer coil (screw)
5. Bridge humbucker.